Tuesday 15 March 2016

Meet the Blue Bird

Blue Bird
Our Vintage Travel Trailer Reno

Meet the Blue Bird! A 1975 (15ft) Prowler we picked up last weekend. I have the most fond memories of camping with my family as a kid and i'm so excited to camp with our own little family and create new memories. I have always loved the "tiny house" idea, not necessarily to permanently live in but to camp in! We also may cozy up in it for a time while we are renovating our house :)
I have searched high and low for a beauty such as this and last week i finally found her. I am always "In Search" of things for our house or life and lucky for me my husband is so supportive and goes along with all my crazy ideas! I found this trailer on Craigslist and it seemed spacious, and in pretty good shape. First things first i am sticking to a $600 reno budget so i got to be thrifty. we ripped out that nasty bathroom, there was a bit of water damage so we took out the walls, ceiling and the floor. We then took out the remaining floor in the rest of the trailer and removed the built-ins to prepare for paint. I bought a spray gun which was the best investment ever! It takes so much less time to paint, but did still take a while to tape everything off.
Once it was all painted i got to start the fun part, DECORATING! Basically sticking with lots of neutrals, whites, creams, browns with a bit of blues & reds for the beginning of my BOHO inspiration. I want it to feel really homey and cozy so lots of throws, pillows and textures. Also this trailer has so many little storage compartments for our camping, hiking, swimming gear, cooking stuff, clothes, books, games and more!
 Take a look at the before and after results of The Blue Bird
 our home away from home.

Exterior & bathroom transformation reveal coming soon!
 The very scary "bathroom"
 
First things first rip out the floors and bathroom walls, then taping and painting!


















1 comment:

  1. Love all the gold accents! Just wondering... did you paint the aluminum on the windows gold? If so I’d love to know your method! Simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete